Winner of the Popular Prize 2019 I European Inventor AwardCongratulations to Margarita Salas Falgueras!
Winners of the lottery
The prize draw will take place on 24 June. Winners will be notified via email and their names announced as soon as we have their response.
The 15 prize winners selected will each receive an evaLIGHT - personal air conditioner.
Rik Breur (NL)
Marine antifouling fibre wrap
About the invention
Inspired by a sea urchin’s prickly surface, this Dutch inventor's anti-fouling fibre wrap is an environmentally-friendly alternative to toxic paints. Algae, barnacles and mussels just slide off it, saving boats up to 40% on their fuel consumptionMore details on www.epo.org
The Popular Prize 2019
The European Inventor Award is one of Europe's most prestigious innovation prizes. Launched by the European Patent Office (EPO) in 2006, it honours inventors, individuals or teams, whose pioneering work improves our lives, advances technology and creates jobs.
Every year, the public can vote for their favourite inventor in the Popular Prize.
The winners in each category, and in the Popular Prize, were announced at the Award ceremony in Vienna on 20 June.
The European Inventor Award and the Popular Prize lottery are organised by the European Patent Office (EPO). The Popular Prize scheme is regulated by German law.
- You can vote for an inventor more than once, provided it’s on different days.
- You can vote for multiple inventors each day.
- If you want to be included in the prize lottery, please check the relevant box while voting. Each time you vote, your chances to win your own prize increase.
- The total duration of the voting is five weeks, from 7 May 2019 to 16 June 2019.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be drawn at random by the EPO on 24 June.
- You must be at least 18 years old to take part in the Popular Prize vote.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be notified by e-mail and requested to respond within 7 days to provide their postal address.
- For more information, please read the Terms and Conditions, which you need to accept in order to be able to vote and participate in the lottery.