Winner of the Popular Prize 2019 I European Inventor AwardCongratulations to Margarita Salas Falgueras!
Winners of the lottery
Thank you all for casting your vote in our Popular Prize poll for the European Inventor Award 2019!
Congratulations to the winners of our prize draw!
- Yasmina Beddar, France
- Leopoldo Belda Soriano, Spain
- Jingyuan Cheng, Germany
- Melissa Cortez, USA
- Yishai Elyada, Israel
- Ulrike Engels, Netherlands
- Anneliese Feichtinger, Austria
- Katja Pietras Jøns, Denmark
- Michael Lehmann, Germany
- Beate Metzger, Germany
- Masahiro Nakashiba, Germany
Alexander van der Lely and Karel van den Berg (NL)
Milking robots for healthier cows
About the invention
This Dutch duo put animal welfare at the centre of their automated system. Now the cows decide when and how often they are milked. The milking robot keeps animals happy and healthy so they produce more milk. The system’s diagnostic tools help farmers monitor their herd more easily too.More details on www.epo.org
The Popular Prize 2019
The European Inventor Award is one of Europe's most prestigious innovation prizes. Launched by the European Patent Office (EPO) in 2006, it honours inventors, individuals or teams, whose pioneering work improves our lives, advances technology and creates jobs.
Every year, the public can vote for their favourite inventor in the Popular Prize.
The winners in each category, and in the Popular Prize, were announced at the Award ceremony in Vienna on 20 June.
The European Inventor Award and the Popular Prize lottery are organised by the European Patent Office (EPO). The Popular Prize scheme is regulated by German law.
- You can vote for an inventor more than once, provided it’s on different days.
- You can vote for multiple inventors each day.
- If you want to be included in the prize lottery, please check the relevant box while voting. Each time you vote, your chances to win your own prize increase.
- The total duration of the voting is five weeks, from 7 May 2019 to 16 June 2019.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be drawn at random by the EPO on 24 June.
- You must be at least 18 years old to take part in the Popular Prize vote.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be notified by e-mail and requested to respond within 7 days to provide their postal address.
- For more information, please read the Terms and Conditions, which you need to accept in order to be able to vote and participate in the lottery.