The Popular Prize I European Inventor Award 2019Voting has now closed for this year's Popular Prize. The winners will be announced soon.
- Concrete mould for better breakwaters
Klaus Feichtinger and Manfred Hackl (AT)Higher-performance plastic recycling
Alexander van der Lely and Karel van den Berg (NL)Milking robots for healthier cows
Jérôme Galon (FR)Immunoscore®, a clearer cancer test
Matthias Mann (DE)Protein analysis to diagnose disease
Patrizia Paterlini-Bréchot (IT)ISET® blood filtration to detect tumour cells
Eben Bayer and Gavin McIntyre (US)Eco-friendly packaging from mushrooms
Amnon Shashua and the Mobileye team (IL)Vision for vehicles to improve road safety
Akira Yoshino (JP)Lithium-ion battery and its evolution
Esben Beck (NO)Lasers and AI for healthier salmon
Rik Breur (NL)Marine antifouling fibre wrap
Richard Palmer and Philip Green (UK)Flexible armour that hardens on impact
Margarita Salas Falgueras (ES)DNA amplification for genomics
Maximilian Haider (AT)Sharper electron microscopes
Marta Karczewicz (PL)Advances in video compression
The Popular Prize 2019
The European Inventor Award is one of Europe's most prestigious innovation prizes. Launched by the European Patent Office (EPO) in 2006, it honours inventors, individuals or teams, whose pioneering work improves our lives, advances technology and creates jobs.
Every year, the public can vote for their favourite inventor in the Popular Prize.
The winners in each category, and in the Popular Prize, will be announced at the Award ceremony in Vienna on 20 June.
The European Inventor Award and the Popular Prize lottery are organised by the European Patent Office (EPO). The Popular Prize scheme is regulated by German law.
- You can vote for an inventor more than once, provided it’s on different days.
- You can vote for multiple inventors each day.
- If you want to be included in the prize lottery, please check the relevant box while voting. Each time you vote, your chances to win your own prize increase.
- The total duration of the voting is five weeks, from 7 May 2019 to 16 June 2019.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be drawn at random by the EPO on 24 June.
- You must be at least 18 years old to take part in the Popular Prize vote.
- The winners of the prize lottery will be notified by e-mail and requested to respond within 7 days to provide their postal address.
- For more information, please read the Terms and Conditions, which you need to accept in order to be able to vote and participate in the lottery.